Saturday, February 13, 2010

All in a Night

Last night was a prime example of how London is capable of totally kicking ass.



Being the promoter and in one of the band (O&AL), I started my night off with Olenka and the Autumn Lovers, Woodpigeon and Katie Stelmanis at Aeolian Hall. Great turnout, great vibe. As far as I can tell everyone who came out had a grand time and thoroughly enjoyed the openers. Katie Stelmanis blew the roof off and Woodpigeon brought it back down. I had an amazing time playing in my new party dress and I was overwhelmed by the positive feedback (on the show, not the dress.. well.. they liked the dress too, but you know)After our final curtain call I promtly cleaned up the back room, packed up my cello and rushed out the door to go catch $100 and Attack in Black at Call the Office.



I arrived shortly after $100 hit the stage with their unique brand of alt-country, which really.. isn't "alt" at all. Simone belted through song after heart-wrenching song. Polaris Prise long-listers and hot off the release of the 2nd installment of their 7" series, they were just about as hot as they get. They've had a few shows in London but I think this one might cement their reputation and garner them more than a few loyal audience members.



Attack in Black always do well in London. I'm not sure if London identifies with that underlying, yet prominent punk feel or we just think they're babes.. Probably a bit of both judging by the mix in the audience of pretty, young girls and black-t-shirted boys. They rocketed through their set of old and new material. Near the end, while I was waiting at the bar a raucous by the stage caught my attention. My head whipped around only to find Justis, a friend of mine (and AiB) jumping around on the stage singing... well, something.. and provoking a full on mosh pit complete with crowd surfers.



Needless to say, my night was full of variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey! leave me a comment! be nice.