Monday, March 8, 2010

Eventfully: Call the Office, Week of Glory

Did you notice the crazy week coming up at ye olde Call the Office? This is a week of epic proportions. I'm going to try and go to Thursday and Friday.. we'll see how I'm doing after 10 hours of recording each day with Olenka and the Autumn Lovers.

Tuesday, March 9
Electric 6 and Sweet Thing (remember Morgan Waters from CBC's The X? yeah, he's the bass player in Sweet Thing, and he's a total babe... in a childhood crush kind of way. Oh, and the lead singer of Sweet Thing is Freddie Mercury reincarnate)
$10 adv/$12 at the door.

Thursday, March 11
Yukon Blonde, Brasstronaut + TBA (both awesome bands!)
$5

Friday, March 12
Jason Collett, Zeus and Bahamas (Juno nominee!)
$15 adv/$18 at the door

Saturday, March 13
Hot Hot Heat w/ Phantogram and the Ghostkeeper
$15 adv/$18 at the door

I would say, if you're looking for the best and most interesting show, I'd go to thursday night and see Yukon Blonde and Brasstronaut. They're both great.. and really, everyone's seen Jason Collett stumble drunkenly around on CTO's stage before, Electric 6 kind of freaks me (and you) out and since when was Hot Hot Heat relevant again? Bandages, bandages, bandage-e-esssss... reminds me of being 16 and going to call the office... er... wait..

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey! leave me a comment! be nice.